Hypertech’s goal was to create a multi-channel approach for citizens as an interface to the Municipality of Kallithea and the public sector in general, that allows for active participation. Kallithea (Greek: Καλλιθέα) is the 8th largest municipality in Greece (100,641 inhabitants, 2011 census) and the 4th biggest in the Athens urban area. Additionally, it is the most densely populated municipality in Greece.
- A proactive and personalized information hub that provides insights on public services of the city.
- A system that encourages participation of the citizen in decision-making and allows public debate, promoting the concept of participatory democracy and open cities.
- Citizens digital neighborhood that combines the most advanced features of social networks such as personal or corporate profiles and blogs, publishing and sharing of digital content, etc.
Hypertech’s e-participation portal for the Municipality of Kallithea:
- Eases communication with the Municipal Authority and the Municipal Services and enhances the process of making requests and obtaining corresponding responses.
- Enhances citizens' access to knowledge through the use of upgraded services utilizing distance learning and digital educational content
- Enhances local entrepreneurship, by offering online consulting and e-learning
Technologies used: Liferay, Moodle, BigBlueButton, JW Player, Kannel SMS Gateway.